Erasmus call for studies


ERASMUS student mobility
The University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center offer a possibility of studying abroad in European countries for a period of between 3 months and 12 months
Who can apply?
To participate in the LLP/ERASMUS programme, you must fulfil the following conditions:
·        You are a full registered student at the UD MHSC in the AY 2008/2009 and you will continue your studies in the AY 2009/2010 at our university. (During your studies abroad, you have to pay the tuition to the home institution.)
·        You are a Hungarian citizen or you are recognized as having a permanent resident in Hungary.
·        You have completed at least four semesters of your university studies.
·        The average of your GPA( grade point average) of the last 4 completed semesters is over 3,5.
·        Official confirmation about your fluent language knowledge of the host country (The host universities DO NOT have English programme for medical studies!).
·        Each student can spend maximum 2 semesters abroad during his whole studies at the UD MHSC.
·        You should meet other special conditions of the host university.
       Professional programmes you can apply for
* General Medicine 6th year: bedside clinical practice (students in 6th year in the AY 2009/2010)
* General Medicine 3rd, 4th and 5th year: one or two semesters – according to the host university
The LLP/ERASMUS study period is an integral part of the programme of study at your home university. Full academic recognition must given for the study period abroad, as decided upon in the Learning Agreement. 
The professional content, the confirmation of the academic achievement and the bilateral recognition of the study programme is regulated by the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), even if the home university has not adopted the ECTS yet.
          What about exams?
The examination procedure you will follow will be the one applied by the host institution. This may involve written papers and/or oral examinations. The language of the examination will be that of the host institution. You will not have to pass an exam a second time at your own university to receive academic recognition for it. It all depends on the learning agreement you sign before your departure, as this is the document which will, upon your return, serve as the reference basis for any disputes.
            Is there a minimum or maximum number of exams that I have to take at the university of the country I go to?
This depends on the learning agreement, which indicates precisely what modules you will be studying. Subsequent modifications to the learning agreement are permitted as long as all the parties concerned agree.
     Partner institutions
You can find a list of the partner institutions, i.e. which universities, which faculties in which countries, the special requirements, the amount of places, the number of months you can apply and the website of the universities. 
        How long can you go and when? 
In the framework of the LLP/ERASMUS programme, you can spend between three months and a full academic year abroad depending on the contracts with the partner institutions. In general, students spend either the first or the second semester, or a whole year abroad. The ECTS Learning Agreement should be completed before you start your studies abroad, earliest at the beginning of the AY 2009/2010. Academic calendars can vary in the different countries.
     How high is the ERASMUS grant?
You may receive a study grant which is intended as a contribution towards covering the extra costs involved in studying abroad, such as travel expenses, language preparation costs, higher general costs of living in the host country. The LLP/ERASMUS grant covers the period of study abroad (from three months to a full academic year). In accordance with instructions, the National Erasmus Office in Hungary offers a minimal grant of 200 €/month. The University of Debrecen grant at least 300 €/month in the AY 2007/2008 for all theirs students, who reach the necessary level in the selection process.
      How well do I have to speak the language of the country I will go to?
You must have acquired sufficient knowledge of the language in which the courses you will attend will be taught, it is the language of the host country. This can be through an official document e.g. language exam in a foreign language, foreign language courses at university. Students who can not confirm the sufficient language knowledge have to pass a language test organized by the Language Department of the University.
 Are there any preparatory languages courses?
Yes, in general, you can follow preparatory language courses either at your home university before your departure or at your host university before the beginning of your study period abroad. In addition, host institutions of countries, where the national language is less widely used and taught, often offer Erasmus Intensive Language Courses (EILC) to incoming ERASMUS students.